Experienced Military Defense Lawyer in New Bern, NC
When active and reserve members of the armed forces find themselves under investigation or charged at a court-martial, they need specialized representation. Guy D. Smith of GreeneWilsonCrow has extensive knowledge and experience in military law and will work to find a favorable outcome, covering military specific issues that include:
- Representation at Special and General Courts Martial
- Representation at Enlisted administrative separation boards (AdSep)
- Representation at Officer Boards of Inquiry (BOI)
- Command Investigation/NCIS investigations
- Article 15/NJP Counseling
- Discharge upgrades
- Medical Retirement Evaluation Boards
WHY SHOULD I HIRE GUY D. SMITH OF GREENEWILSONCROW?
- Trial Experience: Guy has tried dozens of courts-martials both as a prosecutor and defense counsel. He has represented clients at over 100 AdSep boards and BOIs. Uniformed Judge Advocates are good attorneys, but they are usually new to the fleet. Guy has the experience you need. Your future is too important to gamble on the quality of your representation.
- Staff Judge Advocate Experience: The SJA office is the legal counsel for the commander(s) making important decisions about the direction of your case. Guy was an SJA on active duty and is an SJA as a Reservist. He knows their internal procedures. He knows what they are considering as they advise the court-martial convening authority. He knows what guidance they give to Investigating Officers investigating you. Let his experience work for you.
- Military Justice Procedure: In the military system you are not assigned a uniformed Judge Advocate until you have been charged. In serious cases where NCIS investigates, you may be under investigation for a year before the Government brings charges. During that time, the Government is building a case against you. You need legal representation now to assert your rights and prepare for anticipated charges.